Additional Information About Cookies
Additional Information on Cookies
1. What Are Cookies?
The captioned cookie is a HTTP cookie which is a small text file downloaded from a web server onto the web browser on your computers or your mobile computers such as a smart phone or a tablet computer. The cookies are transmitted back to the web server every time the web browser requests for data. The data in the cookie is for the web server to record the status of the web browser access to the server, including the status of your current access, the language setting information, and the record of access to your favorite websites, in order to provide you with an uninterrupted experience from the services that utilize the cookies or any other comparable technologies. The cookies pose no threat to your computers or your mobile computers. The data stored in a cookie can be retrieved or read only by the website for which the cookie is created.
2. Benefits of Cookies
A cookie informs us of the website section that you have visited. It collects information on your website browsing history and offers an uninterrupted website experience that responds to your need. Moreover, using cookies to record the initial settings of the website allows you to access the website with such settings every time, except when the cookies have been deleted. In which case, all of the settings will be restored to the default settings.
3. Usage of Cookies
4. Types of Cookies
True IDC uses the following types of cookies:
- 4.1 Strictly Necessary Cookies
- These cookies enable you to access the information and use the website securely. They will be stored and deleted after you finish using the website
- 4.2 Analytical/Performance Cookies
- These cookies permit us to analyze or measure the performance of the website. They collect statistic data on the way the website is accessed and on the user behavior while visiting the website by, for example, recording and counting the number of website visits in order for us to learn about your interest and behavior. The data will be used for improving the website performance and for granting easier searches to each user.
- 4.3 Functionality Cookies
- These cookies allow us to recognize you and provide you with more convenience next time you return to our website by recording the choices you make during your current access and website settings including remembering your user name and adjusting the font size, the language and other features on the website as per your preferences. However, as the data to be processed is anonymized, it does not contain any information that identifies you or store any personal information.
- 4.4 Targeting Cookies
- These cookies record how you use the website, which pages you visit and which links you click on. The collected data will be used for adjusting the website and the content displayed on the pages to better respond to your interest.
- 4.5 Advertising Cookies
- These cookies are saved on your devices in order to collect data on your website access and the links you click on, allowing us to learn about your needs. The collected data will be used for improving the website and for presenting the most relevant advertisements according to your interest.
5. How to Manage Cookie Settings and Disabling
Cookies may be disabled through your web browser and privacy settings in order to restrain the cookies from collecting information in the future (please see AboutCookies.org for more information). However, because certain services on True IDC website require utilization of cookies, disabling them may interrupt some or all of the functions of these services.